Thursday, January 26, 2012

Antiquing in Orange, VA

The weather yesterday was a gift, so I took a ride to Orange, VA.  Orange is located on Rt 15 outside Culpeper, VA and is a nice drive from Warrenton, VA.

My friends, Patrick and Amy, own LIONSHARE ANTIQUES right on historic Main St.  There is street parking and a lot beside the building.  Everything in beautiful and tastefully presented.
If you have a large foyer and looking for a statement piece....consider this grand mirror....take a look just before leaving in the morning and you will be amazed at how your image will make you feel.


The shop offers paintings, country art, lamp finials, fabric, cute small tabletop display cabinets, perfect dining room servers/buffet, as well as small furniture.  Everything is ready to place in your home.  Look at this desk....


Don't worry...LIONSHARE ANTIQUES has something for everyone...take this Lance display case for example...

LIONSHARE ANTIQUES is open Wed thru Sunday.


Across the street is a yummy spot for lunch...The Light Well...it is open breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Seafood soup and a blackened chicken club were the two specials yesterday. I had the sandwich and the homemade sauce was perfect.  Great old tins on the ceiling and a sofa area to sit and catch up.

Then I stopped in the Second To None shop which showcases gently used more modern furniture, clothes and jewelry and decor items.  Great original art on display yesterday. Continue down Main Street, cross the tracks and bear right, Byrd St.,  shop is on the left.

Oh, what I stumbled on next...Gypsy Willow... will be on the right.  It is a magical place!  Owner Terry Devine definately has an eye for display.  There are a few dealers in the mix and the building flows from one room to another.  Everything from crocks, nice Goofas glass, plates, furniture, vintage..vintage...vintage is everywhere.  I just don't know how to tell you what is here, you just have to see for yourself.  They are working on a website....





So, I hope you had a good time seeing the highlights in Orange.  There are other shops also, Melrose Antiques is next door to Lionshare Antiques, but was closed when I was there.  Also JS Mosby is down the street and next time I am going to make time to stop in, the windows looked inviting.
Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Kathy- I am so glad you made it to Orange- sorry I wasn't there but I'm glad you had a good time and thank you for taking the time to stop in- we hope to see you soon.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Amy everything was beautiful! I hope the blog helps with traffic. Maybe someone will mention it when they come in.

      Delete
  2. Ok...stop going to all these great places without ME!!!!!!

    Seriously...I would love to join you sometime. These look like lovely shops and I had no idea they were there.

    janet xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a date! I will let you know the next rambling day. Thanks !

    ReplyDelete